It's that time again, where I make resolutions and hope I am still doing them 3 months from now. I made too many last year and completed less than half.
While I don't have any breastfeeding resolutions like I did last year, I still plan on supporting nursing moms and continuing on the path to IBCLC. I think it's possible to have breastfeeding resolutions without actually breastfeeding :)
2012 was a great year. I started working towards being an IBCLC and obtained my CLEC. I also started to help co-lead a local breastfeeding group and got more involved in my local breastfeeding community by joining the area breastfeeding coalition. I started teaching breastfeeding classes. I guest blogged over at MasalaMommas. I got a much-needed promotion at work. I found some sort of balance between work and motherhood. I breastfed E until 21 months. I got more comfortable in my own skin. I was a good friend, good wife, and the best mom I could possibly be.
- 2013 Resolutions
- Continue on the path towards IBCLC. In 2013, I want to complete the general education criteria as required by IBLCE. I only have a handful of classes left. It will be challenging - I'm not sure how much time I'll have left between work, motherhood, and other commitments. I know I want to do it. I will make it happen.
- Be here now. I need to make it a priority to disconnect with the outside world. I find myself spending too much time on Facebook or Twitter, always with the phone or laptop nearby. I feel as if I'm missing out on time spent with my family. I plan on giving myself only an hour or two a night to get online.
- Cook. I'm a bad Indian girl: I don't cook. D does the cooking in our house. He's starting grad school, so this responsibility will fall on me. By the end of this year, I will have 1 signature dish. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something that is delicious!
- Learn to walk gracefully in high heels. This is a carry over from last year. I can walk in heels but not very well, and not higher than 3 inches. I don't want to clomp, I want to strut.
- Run another 5K. I ran a fun 5K earlier this year. It was my first one and of course I rolled my ankle. Stupid uneven pavement. I'd like to train for and run another.