Summer Beauty Essentials for the Busy Mom
This post contains affiliate links. Please visit my disclosure page for more information.
Summer is here! Despite owning a lot of makeup, I find myself reaching for the same handful of items each time I put on makeup. The beauty of these products is that they work great by themselves or together, depending on how much time you have to spend on yourself. No judgement from me if you decide to sleep in and swipe on some lip gloss.
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation: this is a very recent find that I've only worn a few times, but I am impressed. Great coverage without causing clogged pores (a huge problem for me), and an astounding number of shades to choose from. I lucked out with my selection on the first try, something that doesn't normally happen for me!
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: for days I don't want the full coverage of a foundation, but I want some coverage. I had a harder time picking a color with this. Tan is too light and deep is too dark. Luckily it has a great price point (under $10 a tube), so I bought one of each and mix them together. This customization is helpful as I get more tan over the summer.
- Stila All Over Shimmer liquid luminizer: I love this stuff. Add a drop to your moisturizer, BB/CC cream, or foundation for a dewy look. I prefer to use it to target my cheek bones, my orbital bone, and above my eyebrows. The color is a gorgeous rose gold, which seems to compliment nearly every skin tone.
- Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray: This stuff is incredible. My makeup does. not. budge after putting it on, even if I'm sitting outside in 100 degree heat. It has been worth every penny.
- Nyx Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream: My personal favorite matte lip cream, it doesn't get too dry and the color payoff is amazing. I love the colors Stockholm (nude pink) and Antwerp (coral pink) so much that I keep one tube in my purse and another in my bathroom. It's my go-to lip color and incredibly budget friendly.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl: this was a birthday splurge, but it has reignited my love of red lips. It seems to be a universal red because Taylor Swift wears it a lot, and she and I look nothing alike.
- Supergoop! Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen SPF 40: I turned 35 a few weeks ago and am starting to see the effects of not taking care of my skin as a teen and in my 20s. Well, there's no time like the present to start, right? I upgraded my sunscreen this year and have been really happy with this. It absorbs really quicks, doesn't leave me with white streaks on my face, and has not caused a breakout or clogged pore yet!
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in Black Tea & Blackberry: I developed chapped lips earlier in the summer that would not go away for weeks. It was nearly a month of peeling and achy lips. I decided to see a dermatologist because I googled my symptoms. After reassuring me that it wasn't cancer, she suggested that I purchase a separate lip balm with SPF in it. I read great reviews for this. Since it's developed for men, the scents were more appealing to me. The Black Tea & Blackberry scent smells really good; sweet, but not yummy. I don't want to lick my lips constantly. On a side note: don't ever google your symptoms. I should know better.
Links to Shop
Shoppable links are below. Please note that these are affiliate links. If you decide to purchase using the link, I make a small percentage of the sale. Affiliate links help me keep my content free!
What are your summer beauty essentials?
Pin this post